Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mixed Emotions

Tomorrow I have my last class here at OU as an undergrad. I took a full load this semester. I left my electives to take in the end with my capstone, so I could truly focus on my campus, but that is not what happend. Instead my electives were more work than what I hoped for, but life goes on.

In the past I counted down every week until summer arrived, but this semester I did not. I am beyond stoked that in nine short days I will walk across a stage and receive my COLLEGE diploma, but I am not ready to be in a different town from my friends. These girls have been with me all the way and many have graduated, moved, but I still know that they are with me in spirit cheering me on.

There were days I wondered if I would ever graduate college, because it has not always been an easy path. I struggled in figuring out what I wanted to do in life. A wise soul once told me Jess you do not have to stay in one occupation your whole life. That is very true.

I have learned that parents know more than what you give them credit for and that they will always have your back. I can still remember the day they dropped me off at college with tears rolling down my face I was one nervous kid as to what college was going to be. I had high hopes, but was also afraid at failing.

So I am going to try and blog these next nine days straight of what I do each day, because my journay here at OU is coming to an end. I hope one day when I have become a nurse I will get to move back to Norman, which I like to call my second home.

I know that these past few days I have been doing a lot of homework, but at the same time I run at the opportunity when someone asks me to go do something. Another thing is I love to go to class and for some they like to skip and don't get me wrong I do to, but this semester I have had a hard time doing that because I love the class so much and my professor that I hate to miss. So tomorrow I will make one last treck across OU beautiful campus to sit with my fellow classmates for one last class!

Boomer Sooner love,

Jessi

2 comments:

Jessika said...

FIrst, I would like to say you should have given me a warning that I would need a few tissues while reading this post. However, I'm SO PROUD OF YOU! We've done a lot together and I'm so glad to see you grow into a woman of love, honor and trust in Christ. Hold your head high as you strut your stuff across campus today. See you soon my dear.

Jessica said...

Next time i will try to give a warning!Thanks for the sweet words! I am super pumped you are going to be here this weekend!